With this activity pack students get a fundamental understanding of simple machines, structures and mechanisms. The pack features 37 principle model activities, 14 main activities, including extension activities, and six problem-solving tasks. Flash animations introduce the activities. Teacher's notes, student worksheets and glossary included.
- Investigating the principles of simple machines, mechanisms and structures
- Experimenting with balanced and unbalanced forces
- Experimenting with friction
- Capturing, storing and transferring wind energy
- Measuring distance, time, speed and weight
- Calibrating scales
- Investigating powered forces and motion, speed and pulling power