The digital EV3 Infrared Seeking Sensor detects proximity to the robot and reads signals emitted by the EV3 Infrared Beacon. Students can create remotely-controlled robots, navigate obstacle courses and learn how infrared technology is used in TV remotes, surveillance systems and even in target acquisition equipment.
– Proximity measurement of approximately 50-70 cm
– Working distance from the beacon of up to two meters
– Supports four signal channels
– Receives IR remote commands
– Auto-ID is built into the EV3 software