LEGO® Education StoryStarter provides an inspiring way of meeting key curriculum objectives in Language and Literacy. It is an innovative way of teaching a wide range of essential skills, such as:
• Literacy skills: improving writing, language, and reading abilities.
• Communication skills: including speaking, listening, and presentation capabilities.
• Collaboration skills: enhances students’ ability to work in teams.
• Comprehension skills: enables students to compose new stories or analyze existing ones.
• Use of digital tools: via the unique StoryVisualizer software.
StoryStarter not only strengthens students’ basic literacy skills, it enhances their all-around communication abilities. By working together in teams, they also learn to collaborate and improve overall social skills.
"Research concerned with how children become effective learners, including my own, has shown that this is best supported in playful and collaborative problem solving tasks which require children to talk about and justify their ideas. StoryStarter is a brilliantly designed product which powerfully combines these elements, integrating problem solving and construction play with LEGO and a structured approach to the teaching of storytelling and writing skills."
David Whitebread, Senior Lecturer
Psychology & Education
University of Cambridge Faculty of Education