Ready to Race
- How can you make a car move without using a motor?
- What makes the cars in the video move fast or slow?
- What would happen if the people in the video let go of their cars?
- What can slow a car down?
Build Your Car and Launcher
- Building instructions book ‘A’, pages 28 - 46
- Place the launcher on a smooth surface.
- Explore how the launcher pushes and pulls the car.
- Get ready to measure how far the car goes!
3, 2, 1, go!
- Test how far the car goes with and without using the brake.
- Pull the spring forwards and hold it in place.
- Place the car next to the Minifigure.
- Let go of the spring and watch the car move.
- Try launching the car with and without using the brake.
- Measure 3 tries with the brake on and 3 without it.
Did you win?
- Explain how far the car went with and without using the brake.
- Share what you did to make your car go its farthest.