Strike the Ball
- How are the ball games that you saw in the video different from others that you have seen?
- What happens when 2 balls collide at different angles, and why does this happen?
- What did you notice about the collisions that you saw in the video?
Set up the game field.
Build this game area using:
- 2 large blue plates
- 2 green frames
- 2 white plates
- 2 yellow balls
- Design a mechanism that can strike one ball against another to score.
- Your mechanism should include at least 2 moving parts.
- You can’t push the ball directly with your hand.
It's idea time!
Come up with at least 2 ideas for how to move the ball (think back to the models that you have built in other lessons).
- Use the bricks to help you brainstorm.
- Use the images in the front of the building instructions book for inspiration.
- Record your ideas and sketches on a piece of paper or in your science notebook.
Build and Test Your Ideas
- Try out your ideas and make improvements.
- Who will score first?
Go for the gold!
- Challenge a classmate to test your game.
What did you find out?
- Which forces did you observe?