- What is gravity?
- Is gravity a push or a pull?
- How do tightrope walkers stay balanced?
- How does a pole help them to keep their balance?
Build the Tightrope and Tightrope Walker
- Building instructions book ‘A’, pages 48 - 60
- Try to balance the tightrope walker.
Can you balance?
- Test the centre of gravity.
- Try moving the pole.
- Try adding and taking away bricks.
- Record how you made the tightrope walker balanced and unbalanced.
Phew! You've made it!
- Explain how the tightrope walker stayed balanced.
- Share how you changed her centre of gravity.