Make a Factory Conveyor
Design, build and program a robotic system that relies on at least one motor and one sensor to move a ball along a path that includes a 90-degree turn.
Think about these questions:
- Which type of motorised mechanism can be used to move a ball?
- How can a robotic system move the ball while maintaining control of the ball?
- What role does the sensor play? How can you measure how well your robotic system works?
Use typed notes, a handwritten lab notebook, sketches, photos, screenshots or videos to document your design process. Make sure to explain:
- Any challenges that you are facing.
- How you are working to overcome these challenges.
- The resources that you need.
- Ways in which your classmates or teacher can help you.
- Any early signs of success that you are observing.
Communicate the results of your work by:
- Creating a video that demonstrates your design process starting with your initial ideas and ending with your completed project
- Creating a presentation that connects your projects with real-world applications of similar systems
Ask for feedback and conduct a self-assessment Use the evaluation tools that your teacher has provided.