Make a ‘Pick and Place’ Robot
Design, build and program a robotic system that can pick up an object from one location and place it in another location.
Think about these questions:
- Which type of motorised mechanism can be used to pick up the object?
- How can the robot move the object?
- How can the robot place the object in another location carefully and accurately?
Start by constructing the Wheel Stack.
Use typed notes, a handwritten lab notebook, sketches, photos, screenshots or videos to document your design process. Make sure to explain:
- Any challenges that you are facing.
- How you are working to overcome these challenges.
- The resources that you need.
- Ways in which your classmates or teacher can help you.
- Any early signs of success that you are observing.
Communicate the results of your work by:
- Creating a video that demonstrates your design process starting with your initial ideas and ending with your completed project
- Creating a presentation that connects your projects with real-world applications of similar systems
Ask for feedback and conduct a self-assessment Use the evaluation tools that your teacher has provided.