How quickly can you fix things?
Inventing things can also mean fixing things.
What's the first thing that you do when something breaks?
This CNC machine needs to be fixed.
You must troubleshoot and fix your CNC machine! Start by building the machine:
- CNC machine top
- CNC machine bottom
Play this program to activate your CNC machine
What goes wrong?
Describe what you see. Look for the problem.
The CNC machine is supposed to help you cut parts, but something isn't right.
Don’t change the program. The issues will be found on the CNC machine itself.
Have you figured out what’s wrong?
- Find out why the CNC machine isn’t working as it should.
- Fix the issues.
- Take a picture or record a video of the issues you’ve found and document your fixes.
Time for an upgrade!
Now that your CNC machine has been fixed, make at least 2 improvements. You could:
- Create a reset motor position stack.
- Use the Colour Sensor and a black line to create an automatic paper feeder.
- Create a troubleshooting guide.
- Come up with your own upgrade!
Evaluate your performance.
Think about what you’ve done well and how you could improve for next time.
Fixing things makes them last longer. It’s brilliant that you can fix things!