LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 App Bluetooth Support
In the EV3 Programming app, there are three places where you can initiate Bluetooth connection between your iPad and EV3 Brick:
- Start Block (on the Programming Canvas)
- No Brick Connected icon (in the top right hand corner of the Programming Canvas)
- Available Bricks button (on the Hardware Page)
When clicking on any of the above, a Connect EV3 Brick to iPad dialogue box appears with connection instructions. Once done and the blue Connect button is clicked, a small empty Select An Accessory dialogue appears. This indicates that your iPad is searching for any available EV3 Bricks. If your iPad and EV3 Brick have not been connected before, this may take a minute. Please don’t close the dialogue box. When your EV3 Brick appears as available, select it and click Pair. Confirm the pairing on your EV3 Brick. After a few seconds, your EV3 Brick and iPad should be connected.
If your EV3 Brick is not listed in the Select An Accessory dialogue box, please make sure Bluetooth is enabled and visible on your EV3 Brick and that you have checked the iPhone/iPad/iPod mode as shown below.
If your EV3 Brick still does not appear in the Select An Accessory dialogue box, try to connect your EV3 Brick to your iPad from the Settings menu on the iPad by using the following steps:
- Go to Settings >> Bluetooth
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on and let your iPad search for a minute or until your EV3 Brick is listed under My Devices
- Select your EV3 Brick and click Pair
- Confirm the pairing on your EV3 Brick
- After a few seconds your iPad and EV3 Brick should be connected
You can now go back to the EV3 Programming app. The app will automatically target the EV3 Brick you just connected if this EV3 Brick is the only one connected to your iPad.