Design, build, and program a machine that can identify at least three different colors of LEGO® elements and sort them into separate locations.
Think about these questions:
- Which colors will you sort?
- What size elements will you sort?
- Which type of motorized mechanism can move those elements?
- How can the machine sense different locations?
- What design features will ensure the machine’s movements are accurate and repeatable?
Use typed notes, a handwritten lab notebook, sketches, photos, screenshots, or videos to document your design process. Make sure you explain:
- Any challenges you are facing.
- How you are working to overcome these challenges.
- What resources you need.
- Ways in which your classmates or teacher can help.
- Any early signs of success you are observing.
Communicate the results of your work by:
- Creating a video that demonstrates your design process starting with your initial ideas and ending with your completed project
- Creating a presentation that connects your projects with real-world applications of similar systems
Ask for feedback and conduct a self-assessment. Use the evaluation tools your teacher has provided.
The maximum quantity of an item that can purchased in each transaction is 99.
To inquire about purchasing more than 99 of one item, please call 800-362-4308.
To inquire about purchasing more than 99 of one item, please call 800-362-4738.