The WeDo 2.0 ReadyGo Classroom Pack is the definitive WeDo 2.0 solution. It contains everything you need to ignite your students’ desire to learn while enhancing their skills in science, engineering, technology, and coding.
Please check our System Requirements to ensure your device(s) are compatible with the WeDo 2.0 solution before you purchase.
Includes over 40 hours of pre-prepared guided and open projects with step-by-step directions that enable lessons to meet all students’ needs – no matter their ability level.
Conveniently packaged for a variety of class sizes, the WeDo 2.0 ReadyGo Classroom Packs include:
· One WeDo 2.0 Core Set for every two students
· WeDo 2.0 Curriculum Pack with 17 projects and Design Library
· WeDo 2.0 Software with integrated documentation tool
· Learning grids that align projects to key standards and objectives
· Integrated assessment tools
· Classroom management tips and tricks
· Ideas for extended learning opportunities
· E-learning 2 program
Laptop and iPad not included.
Every WeDo 2.0 Core Set in the ReadyGo Classroom Pack is delivered in a sturdy, plastic storage bin that comes with a sorting tray and contains:
· 280 LEGO system building elements
· WeDo 2.0 Smarthub - The Smarthub is an electronic system based building brick that is part of the LEGO Power Functions (LPF) 2.0, a new technology platform for LEGO Education. It has built-in Bluetooth low energy to wireless connect to the control software/App. It is powered from a battery source, 2 AA batteries or a rechargeable battery pack. It has two I/O ports to connect to external motors, sensors or any new component belonging to the LPF 2.0 system. It has a built-in RGB light surface that can show up to 10 different colors that be controlled by the software/App
· Medium Motor – The Medium Motor can be programmed to clockwise and counter-clockwise and to move at different power levels. Axles or other LEGO® system bricks and other LEGO elements can be attached to the motor.
· Motion sensor – The Motion Sensor detects objects within a range of 15 centimeters depending on the design of the object. The motion sensor can also be used as a range detector and can detect if an object is close or far away (up to 15 cm).
· Tilt sensor – The Tilt Sensor reports the direction it is tilted. A new functionality in the WeDo 2.0 Tilt sensor is “shake” mode. The Tilt Sensor detects changes within six different positions: Tilt This Way, Tilt That Way, Tilt Up, Tilt Down, No tilt, Any tilt (shake).
· Sticker sheet for labeling sorting tray compartments
Each WeDo 2.0 Core Set contains all of the building elements required to build the Get Started Project, along with the base and design library models featured in the WeDo 2.0 Curriculum Pack.
Two students share one Core Set to boost collaboration skills.
WeDo 2.0 ReadyGo gives you more than 40 hours of teaching material over 17 projects that capture motivation and engagement across key science topics, including: physical sciences, life sciences, earth and space sciences and engineering.
You’ll also get access to the Design Library, which gives students ideas and inspiration for new models that they can build on their own time.
The 17 projects include:
· One Getting Started project divided in 4 parts, to teach the basic functions of the WeDo 2.0 platform.
· Eight Guided Projects linked to curriculum standards, that provide teachers with a step-by-step instructional experience for completing each project.
· Eight Open Projects linked to the curriculum standards, that provide teachers with a more free-flowing, open-ended experience.
Each project offers around three hours of engagement and is delivered in three phases: explore, create, and share. The explore phase connects students to the real-world problem they will be asked to solve. In the create phase, students build, program and modify their designs. Lastly, in the share phase students document and present their findings to their peers.
Every project in the pack also contains suggestions for extended learning opportunities entitled “Create More” and “Investigate More”. These extensions provide students with additional challenges to delve deeper into the research, design, building, and programming phases of their project.The Design Library offers students design and programming support, and contains inspiration models for them to build and modify if they have extra time. This gives students a place to hone their skills; learning new building and programming techniques without direct oversight from the teacher
Software and apps
The WeDo 2.0 software provides an excellent platform for science learning, offering an innovative way for students to model reality, conduct investigations, and use design skills.
Programming is an important part of 21st century learning. The WeDo 2.0 software teaches programming in an intuitive way – letting students bring their creations to life while sharpening their computational thinking skills like logical reasoning, pattern recognition, and modeling simulations. The software also features a colorful drag and drop interface that is easy for students to use and understand.
The WeDo 2.0 extended curriculum pack software lets you:
· Access the Get Started Project
· Access the 8 Guided and 8 Open Curriculum Pack Projects
· Program your models
· Access the digital building instructions and receive programming guidance
· Use the integrated Documentation Tool
· Access the Design Library