WeDo 2.0 Quick Start Guide
Step 1: Unpack and Get Organized
- Unpack your WeDo 2.0 set.
- Stick labels onto the wall of the sorting tray and sort all of the LEGO® elements in the appropriate sections. The lid card shows a visual of how we recommend labels and elements are organized.
- We recommend you number each box and the WeDo 2.0 Hub to help with classroom management.
- Please remember to insert batteries into the WeDo 2.0 Hub. If you have bought the WeDo 2.0 Add-on Power Pack, please remove the battery house from the WeDo 2.0 Hub and replace it with the Add-on Power Pack.
Step 2: Teacher preparation
- Download the WeDo 2.0 Software or app at LEGOeducation.com/downloads
- Watch the Introduction video on WeDo 2.0 inside your software. Click the play button on the video in the opening screen.
- Find the Teacher’s Guide in your software - also available online. Click on the menu in the top right corner and select Teacher Guide. See the table of contents to guide you in getting started.
Step 3: Classroom Preparation
- Complete the Getting Started activities to build and program the Science Rover model “Milo”. Click on the book image to open a new image and then select Milo the Science Rover.
- Join the conversation and get inspiration from other teachers in the LEGO Education Community at LEGOeducation.com/community