- What skills do soccer players need in order to pass a ball around the field?
- Which force(s) makes the ball move?
- How does a player make the ball stop?
Build Your Player
- Use the pictures on pages 2 –3 in the building instructions book for inspiration.
- Your model must:
- Use a mechanism to push a ball along a flat surface
- Be able to catch a ball from another player
Try it out!
- Test out your ball mover and catcher.
- Place your models on the floor and use them to pass the ball from one side of the classroom to the other.
What did you see?
- Which forces did you observe?
- Was there a pattern?