My Day at Preschool
Describe and understand daily routines and activities.
Tell children they are going to work together to build a model of their preschool. Talk about the different places in the preschool. If needed, give examples such as, the cubby area, art room, nap room, snack table, restroom, and playground. Or, take the children on a tour of the facility and ask them to point out the different areas.
Talk about which activities they do every day and which ones they only do sometimes. Explain that the activities they do every day are part of a daily routine. If needed, give examples such as, circle time, washing hands, snack time, story time, playtime, etc.
Show the photograph of the LEGO® DUPLO® models for Activity 8.
Consider asking questions like:
- What do you see in the picture? What part of the day do you think is shown in
- What do you do at preschool? What is the first thing you do when you arrive?
What do you do next?
- What other activities are part of your daily routine at preschool?
- Tell the children they will build one place from their preschool and should include the items found in that place (e.g., tables, chairs, sinks, toilets, play equipment, etc.).
- Divide the children into pairs.
- Ask the children to work together in their pairs to build a place in the preschool. They may use the building cards or photograph for inspiration.
Create a space where the children can combine all of their models to form the peschool. Ask each pair of children to present their model. After all of the children have presented, talk about whether there are other activities that they do every day and why they do those different activities. Consider asking questions like:
- Which place did you build?
- What activities are done in that place?
Allow them time to role-play the progression of their day at preschool with LEGO DUPLO figures. Discuss what new activity the children would like to do at preschool. Talk about why this activity is important to them and why they are not doing it now.
Ondersteuning voor de leraar
Children will :
Begin to understand the different elements that together make a day at Preschool.
For up to 8 children.
Children are able to describe their preschools and talk about routines.