Product Resources & Support
Professional DevelopmentLearn more
- FAQ - General Questions
What is LEGO Education Professional Development?
- LEGO® Education Professional Development inspires teachers to learn, practice, and master competencies to facilitate hands-on playful STEAM learning with their students. Teachers actively engage in this experiential, personalized professional learning program designed to produce a strong set of transferrable instructional skills and strategies that foster student success.
- LEGO® Education Professional Development is offered in different ways thought self-guided learning, facilitated learning and coaching (US only)
Where is LEGO Education Professional Development available?
- The full PD program including self-guided learning, facilitated learning and coaching is available only in US
- In ROW the offering includes self-guided learning and the product training program through LEGO Education Academy
Who is Professional Development for?
- Primary and Middle school teachers who seek to develop their STEAM teaching skills to become the best possible teachers in the classroom
Is professional development included when I buy a LEGO Education product?
- Online self-guided PD is complimentary and included in our product offering. The platform is open, so everyone can log in using a personal LEGO ID.
- Facilitated competency-based courses, product trainings and coaching courses comes with a cost. For more details go to https://education.lego.com/en-us/professional-development (US only)
How does self-guided product training relate to facilitated product training?
- Online Product Training offers self-guided video tutorials. These short videos will help to familiarize you with a LEGO Education product, and quickly build your confidence. You can view them anytime and as many times as you like, whenever you need support.
- Facilitated product training is a full-day, facilitator-led training course for up to 20 participants aimed at helping teachers build confidence using LEGO Education products for classroom instruction. Led by a LEGO Education certified trainer, this virtual or on-site course is an extensive and interactive training experience that lets teachers get hands-on with the products.
How is LEGO Education Professional development designed to deliver learning outcomes?
The LEGO Education PD solution is built on a carefully designed competency framework that enables teachers to internalize, facilitate and fully realize critical competencies including the 4 areas of; - pedagogy, STEAM Concepts, 21st century skills and Classroom management.
What is the competency-based framework?
LEGO Education Professional Development is founded on a competency-based framework that enables teachers to internalize, facilitate and fully realize critical competencies needed to drive student learning outcomes. The competency-based framework is rooted in four core competency categories: Pedagogy, STEAM Concepts, 21st Century Skills and Classroom management. The critical competencies in these four categories enable teachers to facilitate and fully realize the learning promises in every LEGO Education solution.
LEGO® Education is not an accredited institution. Those who wish to learn more about professional development credits or professional learning credits should contact their school or district for more information.