Product Resources & Support
Professional DevelopmentLearn more
- FAQ - Facilitated learning related questions
Facilitated learning related questions
What is facilitated learning?
Facilitated learning provides full-day training courses led by a LEGO Education certified trainer. These virtual or on-site courses are engaging, extensive learning experiences that build teacher confidence and competence to facilitate hands-on playful STEAM learning with their students. Facilitated learning includes Competency-based courses (US only) and Product trainings.
What is a Facilitated Product Training?
Facilitated Product Training is a full-day, facilitator-led training course for up to 20 participants aimed at helping teachers build confidence using LEGO Education solutions for classroom instruction. Led by a LEGO Education certified trainer, this virtual or on-site course is an extensive and interactive training experience that lets teachers get hands-on with LEGO Education Solutions.
What is a Facilitated Competency-based Course? (US Only)
A facilitated Competency-based course is a full-day, facilitator-led training course for up to 20 participants. This comprehensive 6-hour course helps teachers master the skills needed to facilitate project-based learning and manage lessons and materials. Upon demonstrating mastery, teachers are rewarded with up to two micro-credentials to document their skills. Led by a LEGO Education certified trainer, this virtual or on-site course supports teachers to analyze, adapt, and prepare a unit for classroom teaching. Teachers have fun and learn together as they rehearse and refine their teaching methods through job-embedded tasks, such as guided lesson planning and teach-back sessions with instant feedback and peer assessment.
Who facilitates the training? (US only)
LEGO Education certified trainers who have participated in additional training in order to deliver competency-based courses.
How will training happen (US Only)?
- Facilitated Competency-based courses may occur online, via web-conference, or on-site at a school.
- In either scenario, there is approximately 4 hours of online, self-guided pre-work completed through the LEGO Education professional development platform.
- Teachers who have participated in a trainer-facilitated product training may complete the pre-work content in less than 4 hours, as components are a refresher to introductory product training to ensure all attendees of the competency-based course have mastered foundational product knowledge and skills.
How will facilitated product training happen outside the US?
LEGO® Education facilitated product trainings are available through selected partners in over 90 countries. Trainings are facilitated by LEGO Education certified trainers. To find out more please find your local distributors
How long is a training?
- The competency-based course is 6 hours of content. We recommend a 7-8 hour scheduled day to allow for sufficient and frequent breaks. (US Only)
- For trainings delivered online, we recommend chunking the content into two separate days, each with 3 hours of content. (US Only)
- Facilitated product training is full day (6 hours)
What products can I get training in?
- The facilitated competency-based course is currently available for SPIKE Prime. (US Only)
- Product training is available for a range of LEGO® Education products ranging from Early Learning, Primary- and Middle school. For more information, please go to www.LEGOeducation.com/PD
How do I purchase a training?
US customers may purchase training through their sales rep. Customers that do not yet have a sales rep may contact one of our Solutions Consultants: https://education.lego.com/en-us/about-us/contact-us (US Only)
Outside US: Facilitated product trainings are available through selected partners in over 90 countries. Trainings are facilitated by LEGO Education certified trainers. To find out more please find your local distributors