Create an At Home STEAM Learning Space
Tips for creating your At Home STEAM learning space
- Make sure you have easy access to all the materials you might need.
- Be sure you have enough space for projects of all sizes.
- You’re going to want to keep your creations safe, make sure you have a place to store them.
- Make sure you have a place to discard used materials or recycle the things that can be reused.
- Assign kids their own areas of the space to keep organized and clean.
- Be sure your space is safe and everyone knows which materials need supervision.
- Have replacement materials ready to keep the learning going.
- Consider bringing new items into the space as a challenge from time to time.
Top 10 Must-Haves for an At Home STEAM learning space
- LEGO® Bricks from your LEGO® Education sets or other loose bricks
- Craft materials such as pipe cleaners, foam pieces, felt pieces, buttons, ribbons, craft sticks, etc.
- Plenty of pens, pencils, crayons, and markers of all colors and sizes
- Different types of tape: colored, hook and loop, duct tape, etc.
- All kinds of paper products: construction paper, sticky notes, cardboard, paper cups or plates etc.
- String, yarn, and wire
- The right tools for the job: scissors, hole punches, rulers, etc.
- Different kinds of fasteners: rubber bands, paper clips, binder clips, brads, clothes pins and glue
- Recycled containers like boxes, food containers, lids, rolls from paper products
- Simple machines like gears, wheels, pulleys, or axles