LEGO® Education Academy Certified Teacher Trainer
LEGO® Education Academy (LEA) Certified Teacher Trainers serve a critical role in bringing meaningful learning through LEGO Education Solutions to students by facilitating hands-on, relevant, and playful professional development for educators in our partner schools, districts, and out-of-school education organizations.
LEGO Education has a 30-year history of developing educational resources and solutions that make learning engaging, challenging and fun for all ages. Globally, we are aspiring to reach 100 million students with our LEGO Education Solutions by 2032.
LEGO Education Academy provides professional development programs for teachers seeking to develop teaching and learning competencies to support students to succeed in STEAM learning.
Using LEGO Education products and curriculum, teachers develop skills and strategies to deliver active, hands-on instruction which encourages students’ critical and creative thinking. These development programs are led by certified LEGO Education Academy Certified Teacher Trainers.
As a trainer, you will be supported with high-quality professional development materials that have been tested and approved by teachers. You will become part of the LEGO Education Academy Certified Teacher Trainer Network, where you’ll share ideas across markets to help each other improve your facilitation of adult learning.
LEGO Education Academy Master Trainers will help you stay up to date with the newest training materials and research from the LEGO Foundation, and support you to continuously develop your competency in leading impactful professional development.
LEGO Education Academy regularly offers certification training courses for candidates wishing to become Certified Teacher Trainers, in which trainer candidates are onboarded to the LEGO Education approach to teaching and learning through a thorough, facilitated process that equips the trainer to deliver professional development of the highest quality.
- Facilitate professional development and coaching sessions both virtually and in-person.
- Cultivate open dialogue with the customer requesting a training in order to clarify goals and expectations.
- Prepare thoroughly and demonstrate strong listening skills in understanding and responding to customer needs.
- Show flexibility, openness and a customer-centric mindset to ensure service is aligned to customer learning needs to result in impact for students.
- Demonstrate command of high impact instructional practices in modeling instruction and facilitating teacher reflections on classroom implementation.
- Collect, reflect on, and respond to participant experience and impact data (qualitative and quantitative), ensuring best-in-class results for participant learning and satisfaction.
Experience in PK-12 STEAM Education
- Experience as a PK-12 lead classroom teacher with a record of results required
- Deep knowledge of PK-12 instructional standards in the U.S. (NGSS, CSTA, Common Core) required
- Experience as a STEAM educator preferred
Experience as a teacher educator/coach
- Experience leading professional development and training for PK-12 educators required
- Experience as a PK-12 instructional supervisor, teacher educator, or coach preferred
Experience with LEGO® Education Solutions
- Experience with LEGO Education Solutions preferred
- Experience with robotics competitions (e.g. FIRST) preferred
- Able to collaborate with colleagues using virtual technologies (e.g. Skype, WebEx)
- Able to travel for face-to-face training facilitation
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Open mindset and willingness to take feedback and continuously improve
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. They have an open, positive view of the world that motivates us to continuously strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
1. Is this role paid or volunteer?
This is a contract position (not full-time, part-time, or temporary). Trainers are paid a daily rate for in-person trainings, and an hourly rate for web-based trainings.
2. When do training days occur? Can I participate if I have other employment?
In-person trainings may happen on weekdays, weekends, and/or holidays – during the school year or summer break. Most happen on regular weekdays during the school year. In-person certification programming takes place over four sequential days.
We require that trainers be available for at least 6 trainings per calendar year. Trainers are not guaranteed a set number of trainings per year, as this is dependent upon availability and matching for product/relevant grade level experience and geography.
3. Are there ongoing requirements or opportunities for learning once certified?
- Trainers must meet a set of performance requirements annually to maintain certification.
- Ongoing learning with other trainers occurs throughout the year, primarily through virtual engagements.
4. When is the next certification program? What does it entail?
*The next certification program dates have yet to be scheduled.
- The focus of the program is on the competencies needed to facilitate LEGO Education Academy professional development, and requires advance knowledge of LEGO Education products..
- Candidates without prior experience to a wide range of LEGO Education products will need to invest additional time in preparation for the certification program engaging in self-guided product exploration/implementation (core products may be loaned).
5. I’m already a Master Educator with LEGO Education. May I simultaneously become a trainer?
Master Educators who apply and are accepted to be a Certified Teacher Trainer will need to resign from the Master Educator program to pursue the Trainer certification.
More questions? Interested in applying?
Reach out to us and submit your resume at academyNAM@LEGO.com. Resumes will be considered in the next application cycle, and strong candidates will be invited to advance to the next phase of the application process.
Not in North America?
Interested in becoming a LEGO Education Academy Certified Teacher Trainer, but not based in North America?
Reach out to your local distributing partner for LEGO Education or email academy@LEGO.com.